A BUSINESS WEBSITE- ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ‘BOUT IT!
Going-Digital” is the magical-mantra for businesses accomplishing success & fame in the present-day world. Particularly, in these times of pandemic, people have taken their businesses to the game field to keep the scoreboard moving! However, due to insufficient knowledge in the field, many businesses have invested a great deal of time, money & efforts down the drain.
As a matter of fact, the number of small businesses that have a website is less than 30%. Thus, this article attempts to answer a few frequently asked questions about a business website & help the business owners to vividly understand the importance of a website to foster the growth of their business.
1) What is a business website?
A business website, like any other website, is a collection of webpages on the internet, that would help people to know about your business & the products & services you offer whenever they search for something related to your field on the internet.
2) How can a website help me boost my business?
About 40% of the world population has access to an internet connection today. So, if you want to reach your audience efficiently, you must establish your presence where they are most actively present- The Internet.
A business website is basically your online profile that helps your audience know about your business & is your digital sales-person that will market your products & services to your audience 24*7.
3) Is having a website a good marketing practice?
Absolutely, yes. In fact, having a business website is a great marketing practice that would enable you to reach a broader audience, build credibility & reliance & fetch you a competitive advantage. It would be no exaggeration in saying that your website is the backbone of all your digital marketing campaigns…and digital marketing is the way forward!
4) How can a website replace my social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram business etc.) & search engine marketing (google business)?
If you wish to replace your SMM & SEM campaigns with your websites, you’re certainly heading in the wrong direction. No matter how effective & vital a business website may be, it cannot replace other elements of marketing and advertising.
For instance, you may have a three-course meal to serve to your guests. But no single course can be a complete meal. Neither can you replace a starter for the main course or a dessert. In fact, each course has its own essence while it complements the other.
Similarly, no single element of digital marketing (or any other form of marketing) can out-rule the other. Each element has its own essence & effect. And SMM, SEM & website complement each other & strengthen each others’ functionality.
5) How do I make my website more interactive & appealing? There are numerous ways to do so. It is always a thoughtful & strategic practice to make your website have a presentable & appealing outlook. To so so, you may incorporate multimedia posts on your website, add some relevant & insightful content in the form of videos, blogs, articles. You may also put up genuine client-reviews & testimonies on the website to enhance your credibility. All these practices will help you hook your audience to your website & eventually incite call-to-action & drive profitable results.